|Range:||Komodo and Rinca|
The Komodo Dragon(Varanus komodoensis.) is the only Dragon or, in this case, pseudo-dragon accepted by the scientific community.
They are 3 feet high and up to 10 feet long. Also, they can weigh up to 150 pounds. They are grey or greyish brown and its tongue has a yellowish appearance. These monitor lizards are large and fierce and should not be approached lightly, especially since it has a bite that can easily prove fatal. Some have even eaten humans on their home islands of Komodo and Rinca. They make a hissing sound when agitated.
Komodo dragons are most active during the day. Care must be taken when searching for them, as they have occasionally been known to eat humans and to dig up corpses buried in shallow graves. It is, therefore, not wise to get too close to them. Young Komodo dragons are usually found in trees, hiding from their cannibalistic elders.
- Komodo dragons are the largest living lizards known on Earth.
- They can survive on just 12 meals per year because of their slow metabolism.
- Komodo dragons only have one mate throughout their entire lifetime.
- Komodo dragons give birth to babies through males and females mating, but they are also known to have babies without a mate being involved.
- Dr. Drake once said "this dragon is not a dragon at all, but a member of the moniter lizard family. Maybe that is why this the so called 'dragon' is considered real!".