Even skilled dragonologists need special preparation to study in the field. What if an unfamiliar species should approach? Now an impressive guide highlights nineteen different dragon species, many seen here for the first time. Focused on species from the obscure tree-climbing monkey dragon to the better-known wyvern and amphithere, each entry details size, shape, coloration, habitat, the appearance of eggs and young, and (most important) form of attack. To help readers recognize dragons in the wild, mini models of twelve of the species await assembly, each tucked in its own pocket and complete with its own stand.
Twelve intriguing mini models in the most deluxe field guide yet -- an irresistible hands-on resource for devoted dragonologists!
ModelsEditThere are 12 models. Each include a stand.
author: Dr. Ernest Drake
editor: Dugald A. Steer
- USA Price- $24.99
- First Release- November 2007
- Age Range- 8 years old and up
- Grade Range- Grade 3 and up
- Number of Pages- 40
- Size- 9 1/8" x 10 11/16"
- 1. IRA Young Adults' Choice
- 2. ALA (American Library Association) Best Books for Young Adults
- 3. ALA (American Library Association) Quick Picks for Reluctant YA Readers
- 4. USA Today, "Top 150 Best-selling Books" List
- 5. Chicago Public Library Best Books for Children and Teens
- 6. Book Sense Weekly Bestseller List
- 7. Anita Shreve, author of THE PILOT'SWIFE
- 8. ALA (American Library Association) Best Books for Young Adults Nominee
- 9. Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Award Winner
Field Guide to Dragons Pictures (UK Copy)